Lunch was probably the BEST meal I have had in Italy since I've been here. We had lasagna for our first course and it was soooooo good I didn't want it to end. I ate it so slowly! lol It wasn't made with red sauce, it was like a creamy brown sauce and had meat in it. And it wasn't made with the traditional ricotta cheese. I don't know what it was, but whatever the combination it was so delicious. Then we had some mixture of artichoke, chicken, and mushrooms in a brown gravy sauce (not too good) with seasoned potatoes and peas (DELISH), then for dessert ice cream with blackberries on top. After lunch was over, we went to San Gimignano - it took about 45 minutes to get there. No more snow, but extremely windy and cold. We were able to go off on our own and explore the city ourselves this time. We always have so much fun when they give us the chance to do this. We had the option of going to a torture museum (I wanted to go, but no one else did) so we opted to look at the scenery instead. Not too shabby of an idea. We got some really cute pictures. San Gimignano is famous for the white wine they make - it's very similar to Reisling. We went to a little bar and had a bottle, and a couple people got some hot chocolate.
We got back to Florence around 6:30 and went straight home. We made dinner at home that night and me and Carlotta did some P90X yoga. It had been a while since I've done it and I was really surprised how well Charlotte did! We only did the vinyasas and stopped at the balancing part. Finished the day all zenned out. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment