Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toot Sweets! Toot Sweets...

The candies you whistle, the whistles you eat. Toot Sweets! Toot Sweets! The eatable, tweetable treats! Just a little "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" for ya...

The past two days I've been living off of candy and pastries. It's so bad...I'm going for a long run tomorrow, I'm in desperate need of one. I've finally kicked the cold I had since last weekend I was in Rome, so I'm going to get back on my exercise regimen. For the journalism class I'm in, our assignment is to do an investigative essay and I chose to do "The Benefits of Yoga" and I'm going to research the three most popular types of yoga and one of my forms of gathering info is to try each one for about a week. I need to get started on that. I'll probably start tomorrow night.

I've been up since 6 a.m. We had to go to the immigration offices today to get our fingerprints taken. We met at 7:45 at a closed McDonald's (because they don't serve breakfast in Italy - which is awful because McDonald's breakfast is the best!) We waited in the office today for almost 5 hours! It was terrible. I completely missed my first class, Modern Italy. We ate lunch at La Loggia and then went to Italian. Everyone was so out of it because we had gotten up so early.

After Italian we came home and I had to change. It had been raining all day and my Joes Jeans got completely soaked and I was wearing my converse and they were wet. So I was wet, cold, and miserable. I got straight into sweats and me, Charlotte, and Bolling watched the first episode of LOST. Stef was sleeping because she didn't feel well. The episode was soooooo good! (I can't believe I saw it, and my dad and sister haven't even watched it yet.) Then I took about a 45 min nap and we had to leave at 6:10 to go to Mask Making with Costanza (our Italian teacher). I really wasn't in the mood to go, and Stef made me. She said if I didn't go I'd really regret it because I would be the only one without a mask. She would've been so right. I'm obsessed with the mask I made! I'm not finished with it, I have to finish it tomorrow. I did a lot of tedious work tonight, I have a couple more things to glue then I'll make sure and post a pic when I bring it home. Love love love! I made it so it would match my room at school. It's pink and gold. I'm going to bring it with me to Venice this weekend for Carnivale. (It's like the italian version of Mardi Gras). I'm going to Rome on Sunday then taking a train back to Florence on Monday morning. This weekend should be fun.

I have to put away laundry now, then me, Stef and Charlotte are going to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (I rented it on iTunes!) Ha domani!

1 comment:

  1. We've been doing P90X yoga which is a mixture of everything. I have to be able to do it in my apartment and I don't think my 9 other roommates would enjoy our apartment being 90 or more degrees in our house lol

    ReplyDelete