That morning, my WONDERFUL daddy took all of my dirty laundry to the laundry mat to wash it while we got ready for the day. I had no clothes because everything was dirty! When we were on our way to meet him there, we got lost. I have absolutely no sense of direction. I didn’t exactly know the address, so I found an old man and asked him where “Ghibellino” was. He had no idea what I was talking about. He started speaking STRAIGHT Italian, and so fast that I couldn’t even make out one word to try to figure out what he was saying. Luckily a woman was walking by and he asked her where it was. She paused for a second and said, “Ghibellina?” Then the old man said “Ooooh! Ghibellina! Si! Si!” So she walked us to the street and found the laundry mat. My dad was in the process of folding laundry, so we helped him finish and he went back to the hotel to take the clothes back. While he was doing that, me, Jer and Carly walked around trying to find a bank that would exchange her AmEx Traveler’s checks. We went to about six banks and no one would exchange them. We took a break to eat lunch at Noe’s with my dad. Then went to a currency exchange place to convert her checks into euro’s, and she basically got screwed out of 100 euro. We went to the small leather market, where my dad found a leather jacket he liked, Jer found a couple bracelets, and Carly and I found some purses we fell in love with! We made no purchases that day, but knew we were going to have to go back.
We went shopping for a little bit because I had to find something to wear out that night to celebrate my birthday in. I found a really cute peach top! We went home, napped, and got ready for the night. We headed over to Lion’s for a couple of drinks where we met up with Peyton, Kelly, Brandon, Stef, and Charlotte. We took a couple shots, and then it started to get so packed and so hot that they stopped letting people in. At that point it was time to leave. We all started walking over to Yab. My feet were hurting so bad, I resorted to walking barefoot in the “Oh-so-clean” streets of Florence. I couldn’t think about it, the thought made me want to vomit. We got there and went straight in through VIP. We were taken to our table and got our first bottle of Grey Goose. We had a few issues that night, not big enough to mention, but overall it was an AMAZING night. Everyone had a blast, and the music was awesome. I can’t believe my dad did all of this for me. It’s definitely one of my most memorable nights in Florence! We got home after 4 a.m. At this point, I started getting sick. I had been going out and drinking every night since Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment