
The kitchen was decorated with balloons and “Happy Birthday Sam” spelled out on paper on the walls. Stef made her delicious guacamole and Bolling cut up fresh fruit. Joe came over early with ice and the blender. We made margaritas and Sarah and Rebecca juiced limes for the drinks, by hand! We set up the large table in the hallway by the front door for beer pong and flip cup. Everything was set up perfectly! It was 8:00 p.m. and no one was here yet. So I sipped my fresh margarita while Bolling, Joe, Stef and Charlotte started a game of beer pong. I sat out because I suck! Lol Once everyone showed up around 8:45 we played flip cup. It was so much fun with such a big group.
We went into our room to start a game of Kings, that really didn’t go that far because the lights went out. I had no idea what was going on, then I saw a flicker of orange light coming through the doors into the bedroom. They got me a birthday cake and presents! They all sang Happy Birthday and once the lights came on I was crying. Happy tears, of course! I felt so appreciated, no one had ever done anything like this for me before. This night meant so much to me.
I started going through my BIG birthday bag and first was a oversized Hello Kitty chocolate egg. First thing I did was open it up and take a bite! Haha Then, there was a package with a birthday hat, mask and two horns with balloons on the end of them. I handed one to Bolling and we blew up the noise makers. Her balloon busted! They also got me three bars of dark chocolate (they are fully aware of my obsession), some Haribo gummy bears, a picture of the four of us from one of the first weeks we were here, and San Gimignano white wine.

It was getting late and there’s a noise curfew here, so Charlotte started rounding up people to leave to go out. I really didn’t have any intention to go, but fortunately she convinced me because we had the best night ever! I threw my hair up in a ponytail and put a skirt on and headed out the door to go to Lion’s. We all walked in together, but didn’t leave together. All that was left was the four of us from Capponi, plus Joe. But Joe and Bolling left so it was just me, Charlotte and Stefani. Charlotte bought me a drink and we took some FSU shots for free. There were so many people outside Lion’s and people in pirates costumes walking around everywhere.
One pirate came up to us, his name’s Tyler, and started talking to us about going to Twice. He also said Mutu (one of the famous Fiorentina soccer players) was going to be there, and Charlotte didn’t believe him. I told him it was my birthday and he took us into VIP at Twice. I had been to Twice before and it was awful. This time, they were playing awesome music, we were in VIP, Tyler got champagne brought to the table, and Charlotte got to meet Mutu! =) It was one of the best nights I’ve had so far in Florence!
No comments:
Post a Comment