Well, I had found out that there was a “mystery” fourth guest coming with them because I had to book our hotel room for four people. I’m not kidding, I thought it was going to be Elgin and I was expecting to walk around the corner and see him sitting on the couch, but instead it was my cousin, Carly! I literally was in shock, it didn’t register fast enough that she was actually sitting there. Now, I really was in shock. I gave her a hug and started crying! That’s who I hoped it would be from the very beginning, but after talking to her, my dad and sister, and seeing comments on Facebook I seriously thought it was Elgin. Come to find out, every time any one of them would talk to me about it they would call each other and start laughing. They really got me!!
Our room wasn’t ready yet, so I took them to Santa Croce, right around the corner from our hotel, and we had lunch outside. We walked around a little bit then they all napped. We went to Moyo for appertivo, where we exchanged cards and gifts. Yes, there were tears and yes, I had to read the card all the way through. I just couldn’t believe my family was finally here. I’ve been ready to go home for so long now, and them being here gave me just enough motivation to get myself through the next two weeks, then I’ll be with them again! After all the cards I had one more surprise. My dad and sister got me my purple nano. =) I lost my pink one a couple weeks ago at the Immigration offices, and I NEVER go anywhere without it, and it would suck to be without an iPod on my trip back to the states. I LOVE IT! On the back is inscribed “SLM” and underneath that “Don’t Be Scared.”
An apple martini later, we made our way to KOME – a sushi restaurant. It was packed, but the owner got us a bottle of wine and let us sit downstairs in their lounge. It was gorgeous, modern, and we were able to sit down and relax for a minute. We took some pictures, Jer had her first glass of Italian wine. The sushi was delicious, but expensive. I was very adventurous with my choices that night. I let Carly pick the sushi and I just ate it. Lol I loved every single roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment